This brown bread is healthy for you because it contains more fibre. So it is good to have it as part of your daily diet. This recipe thus has combined healthy with beautiful. This can be a good tactic to entice children to eat healthier. It worked with my son.
To make the star shapes is quite easy as you’ll see in the video. And you can use any kind of seeds to top these loaves. Or you can even leave them out.
To know how to make this bread please watch the video:
- 500 grams whole wheat flour
- 500 grams A/P flour
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 4 tsps instant yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Water should be around 40 C.
- Make sure that you knead the dough for enough time at least 10-15 mins.
- Leave the dough to prove in a warm place until it double in size. That will take 1 – 2 hours.
- After shaping the loaves leave them to prove again in a warm place for an hour.
- You can use sesame seeds, nigella seeds or any other seeds you like to sprinkle on top of the loaves.
- Bake the loaves in a preheated oven at 220 C for 15-20 mins or until they are golden.