This sweet bread is perfect for the fall season. Pumpkin adds to the sweet richness of this bread. And to make this bread extra flavorsome and wholesome, I’ve added some dried fruits, nuts and spices. Of course you can use which ever combinations you like.
I used almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and pistachios. And I’ve used dates, dried apricots, sultanas and raisins roughly chopped. And for spices I used cinnamon, caraway seeds and cloves all grounded.
This bread is very moist. You can have it for breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea. It is just perfect.
To know how to make it please watch the video:
medium sized pumpkin to get 1 cup of cooked pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups A/P flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mixed nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruits roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds grounded
- 1/8 tsp cloves grounded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
For garnish “optional”
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp milk or as needed
- pappita seeds.
- Cook pumpkin in a preheated oven at 180 C for 45 – 60 mins or until it is cooked.
- We only need 1 cup of the pumpkin. The rest can be kept in the freezer for future recipes.
- You can use canned cooked pumpkin. But the fresh option is a better option.
- You can use which ever nuts, dried fruits or spices you like.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 180 C for 3-45 mins or until it is done.
- Leave the bread to cool before icing it.
- Add the milk gradually to the icing sugar to get the right consistency.
- You can garnish the bread as you wish.